Pecan Praline Cake.
Caramelized pecans and homemade brown sugar frosting makes this dessert cake recipe the very best cake you will ever eat.
Turn sound on and listen to recipe. Print recipe below.Print
For the Cake:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans
For the Cake:
- Pre Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans uncovered on High 1 minute or until mixture is bubbling and hot.
- In another large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in pecan mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
For the frosting:
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter, 2 cups brown sugar and the whipping cream to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in 2 cups pecans.
- Cool 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until frosting begins to thicken.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Cool before cutting.