Pecan Praline Cookies.
A delicious dessert cookie recipe topped with caramel sauce and pecans.Print
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 11 oz package caramel bits
- 1/4 cup water
- 60 praline pecans
- Sea salt (optional)
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars at medium high speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until smooth. Add cream, beating to combine.
- Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 inch fluted round cutter, cut as many cookies as possible, rerolling scraps no more than twice.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, cook caramel bits and 1/4 cup water, whisking often, over medium heat until bits are melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spread approximately 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture on the center of each cookie. Press a praline pecan onto caramel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Place cookies on parchment paper to dry, approximately 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- ****Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.
Thought you would enjoy this recipe too. How To Make French Macarons.
Watch video below for instructions.
Ingredients: 1 cup powdered sugar 3/4 cup almond flour 2 egg whites room temperature 1/4 cup granulated sugar food coloring (optional)
For Honey Buttercream Filling: 2 egg yolks 1/4 cup granulated sugar 3 1/2 tsp milk 7 tbsp softened unsalted butter 3 tbsp honey.