Pistachio Oat Sandies.
A yummy dessert recipe that is easy to make. Just mix and bake.
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Listen To Recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup pistachios, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup pistachios to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely. Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 5 days.