Pistachio Oat Sandies.
A yummy dessert recipe that is easy to make. Just mix and bake.
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Listen To Recipe:
Pistachio Oat Sandies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats not instant
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add vanilla, mixing well.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup pistachios, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 325°.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup pistachios to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake until edges are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely. Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 5 days.