Raisin Cinnamon Biscuits.
An easy breakfast recipe.
Raisin biscuits topped with a sweet touch.Print
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole buttermilk (chilled)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add buttermilk and melted butter to the mixture, stirring to remove any large lumps.
- Add raisins, stirring to combine..
- Drop dough onto prepared baking sheet in 1/4 cupfuls.
- Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely on pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar and cream.
- Drizzle over cooled biscuits.
- *** Makes approximately 16 biscuits.