This hearty soup, packed with big, fat noodles and chunks of white-meat chicken!
Shaker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- 6 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1) In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the stock with the vermouth and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup. The mixture will be syrupy. Stir in the cream, and set aside.
2) In a larger saucepan, bring the remaining stock to a boil. Add the noodles and cook till tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.
3) Mix the flour and water together until smooth, and stir into the noodle mixture.
4) Allow the soup to boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the cream mixture and chicken.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped parsley.
6) Yield: 6 servings.