Shortbread Chocolate Tartlet Shells.
Bake them and put in your favorite filling. A very easy recipe.
Listen to recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until combined. Add butter and vanilla, pulsing until smooth. Shape mixture into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven. to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch. thickness. Using a 61/2-inch round cutter, cut rounds from dough. Press dough into bottom and up sides of 6 (41/2-inch) removable- bottom tart pans, trimming dough, if necessary.
- Place a square piece of parchment paper in each shell, letting corners hang over sides. Fill each shell with pie weights.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove pie weights and parchment paper. Let cool for approximately 15 minutes.