The best lemon cookie recipe you will ever use.
Made with lemon juice and the lemon zest with a hint of almond taste and dusted with confectioner’s sugar.
Easy and yummy.Print
- 1¾ cups + 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ⅔ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about 3-4 lemons depending on the size
- 2 heaping Tbsps lemon zest about 2 lemons
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar – for dusting
- In a medium-size bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, and salt; Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy with a hand mixer. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond extract and beat on medium-low speed until combined. Add the flour/cornstarch mixture and beat on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Place each half onto a large sheet of wax paper and roll each one into an 8-inch long log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F after the dough is finished chilling. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove one log of dough from the refrigerator and slice it into 1/4 inch rounds. Place the cookie rounds onto prepared sheets, leaving about 1½-inches of space between each one. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the bottom edges are light golden brown.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for about three minutes.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar into a large, shallow bowl. Gently toss the still-warm cookies through the bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Transfer the coated cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with the remaining log of dough.
- Store in an airtight container.