Soft and crunchy at the same time.Print
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup graulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup natural cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl using a stand or hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes until well creamed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until combined – about 30 seconds. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt mixing on low speed until incorporated. Turn off the electric mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Save about ¼ cup of chocolate chips for sprinkling on top.
- Form dough into 3 tablespoon balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 48.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until the tops are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on their tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.