Southern Style Pork Chops With Gravy. Easy main meal recipe that you can serve with potatoes and/or vegetables.
- 4 boneless pork chops 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped red and green peppers optional
- 2 tbsp or 1/2 package Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- Seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne (if desired)
- 2 cubes pork stock cubes crumbled
Rinse the pork chops and season to taste.
In a black pot or heavy aluminum skillet, add oil and sauté the chopped onions and bell peppers over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
Add the seasoned pork chops to the skillet and brown.
Add 2 cups water or enough water to cover the meat, along with the Lipton onion soup mix and crumbled pork stock cubes, lower heat and simmer for approximately 45 minutes to one hour, depending on the thickness, until meat is tender.
Serve hot with potatoes an/or vegetables.
See more our Main Dish Recipes