Spiced Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Recipe for a dessert cookie that is full of chunky chocolate chips and toasted pecans.
Best cookies you will ever taste. This recipe make approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Listen to recipe:
- 1 and 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter (softened, divided)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, allspice, and cloves.
- In a small skillet, melt 10 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook until butter is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and stir until melted.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and salt to butter, stirring to combine. Add egg and egg yolk, whisking until well combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add chocolate and pecans, stirring just until combined.
- Scoop dough by heaping table- spoonfuls, and roll with hands to form balls. Place dough at least 2 Inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and cookies are puffy, 8 to 14 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.