Spiced Cookies With Orange Marmalade.
Grab a jar of any flavor marmalade to make this easy dessert cookie recipe from scratch. Makes yummy Thanksgiving or Christmas cookies.
Listen to recipe:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups prepared orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, orange zest, and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until combined. Divide dough in half, and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Remove dough from refrigerator 15 mint, before using.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough portion to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch fluted square cutter. Repeat process with remaining dough, rerolling scraps only once. Using a 3/4 – inch fluted round cutter, cut a circle in the center of half of cookies.
- Place 2-inch squares on one prepared baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart. Place 2-inch squares with cutouts on another prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies evenly with sugar.
- Bake until edges of cookies are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, dust cookie with cutouts with confectioners’ sugar. Spread approximately 1 teaspoon preserves on flat side of whole cookies. Top preserves with cookies with cutouts. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Makes approximately 16 sandwich cookies