Spinach Cream Soup.
A healthy recipe that is creamy, quick, easy and delicious.
Add a salad and you have fanatic dinner.
Turn on your sound and listen to recipe. Print recipe below.Print
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cups of fresh spinach (chopped)
- ¼ cup water
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons chicken bullion base
- 10 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions in butter.
- Add spinach and water and cook spinach until spinach is wilted and soft.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk and stir until smooth.
- Add chicken base and continue stirring constantly until soup comes to a boil.
- With a hand blender, puree soup until spinach is well blended.
- If you would like your soup a little thicker, in a separate small bowl mix together 3 Tablespoons of corn starch to 4 Tablespoons of cold water.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture as needed to boiling soup stirring constantly until soup is thickened to desired consistency.
See more Soup Recipes