Having a picnic or BBQ party?
This Red Potato Salad is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dill pickles (chopped)
- 2 eggs (hardboiled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water, add a tablespoon or so of salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. When you can easily pierce with a fork, they are done.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir in onions, celery, pickles, eggs and fresh dill. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- While potatoes are cooking, make an ice bath for the potatoes. Add cold water to a large bowl and add ice. Drain potatoes and add to ice bath.
- Once cooled, peel potatoes by gently pinching the skin and pulling it away.
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Scatter the vinegar over the potatoes and lightly season with salt.
- Gently fold in the mayonnaise mix, trying not to mash the potatoes.
- Garnish with sliced egg, dill and/or fresh ground pepper (optional).
- Refrigerate until serving.