Summertime Cucumber Salad. Easy recipe and so delicious. Crispy with onions and bell peppers added. Topped with a saucy balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Summertime Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Sliced Cucumbers
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sliced Bell Pepper red and/or green
- 1 Cup thinly sliced onion
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the sliced cucumbers with 1 teaspoon salt, then allow to sit 1 hour at room temperature. Drain off liquid.
Add bell pepper, onions and dressing to drained cucumbers and toss until ingredients are evenly coated.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Makes 6 servings
See more of our Salad Recipes