Sweet Potato Pecan Crumble Pie.
A delicious dessert recipe perfect to any party or holiday.
Topped with a pecan crumble.Print
- 3 to 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 package (14.1 ounces package refrigerated pie crust (1 sheet))
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
Pecan Crumble (recipe follows)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes on prepared pan.
- Bake until tender, approximately 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust; prick with a fork. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in bottom of pie crust, letting ends extend over edge. Add pie weights.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper and pie weights, bake until lightly browned, approximately 8 minutes more. Let cook on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes. In the work bowl of a food processor, place pulp, pulse until completely smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 cups sweet potato puree, eggs, egg yolk, brown sugar, cream, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
- Spoon filling into pie crust.
- Top with Pecan Crumble:
- ***For Pecan crumble: In a medium bowl combine flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover pie loosely with foil to prevent excessive browning, and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven,
- Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.