Tasty Baked Mac And Cheese. Recipe made in individual bowls for a tender and crispy side dish.
Tasty Baked Mac And Cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow pasta cooked according to package directions
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, paprika and onion powder until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in evaporated milk until slightly thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Stir in pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide pasta mixture into 5 (10-ounce) or 6 (8-ounce) small ovenproof bowls. Place onto a baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.