The Best Homemade Pumpkin Biscuits.
Easy bread recipe for a holiday party treat or just for fun.
Baked for only 10 minutes and top with delicious honey.
Listen to recipe:
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add pumpkin and melted butter, stirring well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 times until dough is smooth. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cutter dipped in flour, cut dough, rerolling scraps once. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm with honey, if desired.
- **Makes approximately 1 dozen biscuits.