The Best Walnut Pineapple Cake. Easy dessert recipe with a moist and yummy cake. Frosting filled with walnuts, coconut and cream cheese.
The Best Walnut Pineapple Cake
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup California walnuts finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) container of non-dairy whipped topping defrosted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted toasted coconut
Preheat oven to 350° Grease a 13×9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, crushed pineapple (with the juice), chopped walnuts, coconut and eggs. Stir together until mixed well.
Pour cake batter into the greased baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool cake completely before frosting.
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixebeat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip on low speed just until blended.
Spread frosting evenly over the top of the cooled cake.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and toasted coconut.
Chill until ready to serve.
To store, cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of California Walnuts Board
See more of our Cake Recipes