Bring some psychedelic fun to your next gathering with Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes. Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes are almost as fun to look at as they are to eat.Print
- 1 pkg. white cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1/4 cup dry JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup dry JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup dry JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub ready-to-spread vanilla frosting (16 oz.)
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; divide evenly into 3 bowls.
- Stir different flavor dry gelatin mix into batter in each bowl. Spoon lemon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Repeat with remaining batters, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
How to Pipe Frosting
- Insert desired decorating tip in pastry bag. Fold down top of pastry bag about halfway, forming a cuff. Spoon enough frosting into bag to fill halfway. Unfold cuffed top and twist bag until it meets level of frosting in bag. To pipe, hold bag firmly and squeeze from top of bag, keeping bag twisted to prevent frosting from leaking out from top of bag. If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can use a resealable plastic bag instead. Spoon frosting into bag, then cut piece off one corner of bag. Twist top of bag as directed, then use to pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Kraft Recipes