This is America’s favorite comfort food – tender macaroni, rich and cheesy sauce and a crisp crumb topping.
Ultimate Macaroni And Cheese
- 1 package elbow macaroni 16 ounces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mustard Ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Black Pepper Coarse Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 6 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy and repirinted with permission of McCormick.com