Upside Down Pumpkin Cake.
This dessert recipe will be the best pumpkin cake you ever baked.
Ingredients complimented with walnuts, cranberries and pumpkin puree.Print
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter, and water over medium high heat until mixture bubbles, approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture into bottom of prepared dish, sprinkle with walnuts and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs, whisking until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves. Add pumpkin mixture, stirring to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan, and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert pan into a serving platter. Remove parchment paper. Serve warm.
You should enjoy this video also: Roasted Pumpkin Soup
You will need:
2.2 pounds Pumpkin
2 Tablespoon Oil
Salt & Pepper
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander Seeds
3 Cups Vegetable Stock
Watch video for instruction: