Yes Yes Yes Strawberry Cupcakes.
Listen to recipe:
Dessert recipe for strawberry cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting then plop a fresh strawberry on top.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp strawberry puree
- 3–4 drops pink food color
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Fresh whole strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and strawberry extract and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl, then combine milk and strawberry puree in another bowl.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined. Add the milk mixture and mix until well combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in pink color.
- Fill cupcake liners about halfway. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and top with a fresh strawberry,